Cuban composer and pianist Omar Sosa has spent ten years shaping An East African Journey, fusing jazz and traditional African music, with eight artists from East Africa.
A few years ago, I tried to organize a Beninese live tribute band for Gnonnas Pedro, with one of his sons, Gilles Gnonnas.
This track was recorded live on 09/16/2014 as a “proof of concept” while rehearsing.
- 00:00 Chan Chan Feat. Maikel Ante, Félix Baloy, Solis & Eugenio Rodríguez
- 04:50 Carnival Feat. Solis & Randy Valentine
- 09:59 Interlude (El Cuarto Intro)
- 10:30 El Cuarto de Tula Feat. Maikel Ante, El Medico & Turbulence
- 16:10 410 San Miguel Feat. Ernest Ranglin
- 22:36 100 Pounds of Collie Feat. Cornel Campbell, Leroy Sibbles, Prince Alla, The Jewels, Cali P, Lutan Fyah & Exile Di Brave
- 28:24 Candela Feat. Solis & Randy Valentine
- 33:20 In the Ghetto (Where We’re From) Feat. Aza Lineage & Birdz-I
- 38:13 Vibración Positive Feat. Randy Valentine & Anyilena
- 43:38 Heart of a Lion Feat. Lutan Fyah, I-Maali, Brenda Navarrete & France Nooks
- 48:49 Trumpet Interlude Feat. Julito Padrón
- 50:19 Carnival Horns Feat. Julito Padrón
- 54:34 La Sitiera Feat. Beatriz Márquez & Rolando Luna
- 59:04 Dubwise Feat. France Nooks & Prince Alla
- 1:04:19 Row Fisherman Row Feat. Prince Alla
Havana Meets Kingston 2
To be released in June 2020